Diane B. Rohde CPA PLLC

Accounting – Tax – Small Business Consulting

Running a small business is challenging enough, leave the accounting and tax work to us. The CPA firm of Diane B. Rohde CPA PLLC is a full-service tax preparation and accounting provider. We have the tools to help you track expenses, monitor cash flow, and free up your time.

No matter what accounting services your operation needs to thrive, we present a sensible approach with a superior level of personal attention and reliability. We proudly offer income tax preparation and tax consulting for business and individuals. Call today, your initial consultation is free. To see how we can help, consider the following.


The Problem

Do you often feel lost or confused after meeting with your tax and accounting expert? Quite often, CPA’s and accountants do not speak in terms you understand. This can leave you frustrated and confused. You may not ask questions because you’re embarrassed by your lack of financial experience. Or worse, you avoid future appointments altogether. In the end, your family’s financial future suffers from a lack of attention.

Your CPA Solution

This does not serve your needs. Our firm takes a completely different approach to client contact. When it comes to tax advice, business consulting or any other matter, we will take the time to listen and explain in terms you understand. Our staff has decades of experience in client relations and interpersonal skills. These traits will help you gain knowledge and empower your future decisions. You will never be uneasy about returning for advice.

Contact us today through one of the on-screen links or call (603) 536-1557. We’re sure that after meeting our staff you will become a long-term client. Also, your initial consultation is free and enjoyed in a relaxed atmosphere.

Contact us Now!

Member of:

AICPA Logo 3

When are taxes due?

Due Date 2021

For the 2021 tax filing season, 2020 calendar year, the filing deadline for form 1040 is midnight April 15, 2021. Filers of form 1040 can request an extension of time to file which moves the deadline to October 15, 2021. The extension only extends the time to file. Taxes owed must be paid by April 15th otherwise penalties and interest will begin to accrue.

How long do I keep tax records?

Tax Records

As a general rule, three years should be sufficient. However, the IRS has been known to routinely go back six years. In the case of fraud or substantial understatement of income, the IRS can look back indefinitely. Some records must be kept longer if they pertain to items that span many tax years, such as depreciable assets that have been depreciated over a long time period.

Is social security taxed?

Social Security Taxes

Social security is not taxed in all cases, but it is for many taxpayers. A portion of your social security income, up to 85%, may have to be included in your taxable income. This is determined by the amount of other income you have received. Other income includes items such as employer pay, self-employment earnings, pensions, gambling winnings and other items.

When can you file taxes?

Tax Filing

Tax season generally opens the last week of January each year. Early filers have to wait for refunds in some circumstances including if they file for the Earned Income Credit (EIC) or the Child Tax Credit (CTC). Once tax season has opened, filing of taxes can occur anytime thereafter for the current tax season. All prior years can be filed at any time after their season starts.